Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 3...More of the Same





We spent day 3 just enjoying the campground again. The pics in this post this will be the boys enjoying the bumper boats and go carts. The campground had different activities each day too. Today the boys enjoyed the foam party by the pool. There was a huge blow up pool filled with soap bubbles to play in and you got hosed off as you came out.

I enjoyed every minute but my best memories will be from around the campfire. It's amazing what the boys will talk about in front of the relaxing fire with nothing else to focus on but the flames and each other. I feel like we got to know each other all over again and they sure can surprize me! They laughed, talked, told jokes and stories. Even L at 4 years old told amazingly creative (although frightingly graphic for his age) scary stories in such a wonderful story teller voice. It was so beyond what I expected of him that the shock of it made us all laugh til our sides hurt. It was just so surprizing to hear that breathless, edge of your seat tone from him as he told the tales. I'lll NEVER forget those nights around the campfire, just me and my boys.

1 comment:

Away2me (Deanna) said...

What wonderful moments. Don't you wish you could have tape recorded to play it back to him in 20 years. LOL