Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Lot of Nuthin'

I haven't had a whole lot to say recently, obviously. There's just not much new going on. We're plugging along doing the day to day grind. We're enjoying the begining of spring weather and I'm looking forward to the summer for now. I intend to enjoy it a lot more than last year, which we all refer to as the summer that wasn't LOL.

Updates on each of us~
Cory is still rocking the school year. He's doing great with little help or guidance from me. I hope he can keep this up. I'm really proud of this new found independence. He had a mega spurt of disrespect going on but has really turned that around.

Ty is doing well too. He really didn't have any problems except for reading. He's in 6th grade and was reading on a 3rd grade level and then not passing his AR quizzes. AR quizzes are short computer quizzes on regular books that kids might read anyway. It's a good way to get kids to like reading more. Anyway, he's now taking and passing 5th grade level quizzes so he's put some effort in and is doing much better.

Jay's doing great in school. He's reading the same books Ty is and passing them so he's in 3rd reading on a 5th grade level. His struggle is in Math but not so much that I'm worried about him. Behaviorally he's going through a rough patch. I'm tired, he's testing. Still, we're dealing with it and I hope I don't jinx it by saying I think we're on the downside of this backslide.

Logan is reading up a storm and is doing well at school. He's behaving slightly better too. I still see the same behaviors but they're not quite as frequent.

I haven't been subbing much and except for not making the extra money I don't mind too much lol. I LOVE teaching but subbing is a lot different and I really don't like it.

That's about all for now, folks!

No comments: