Thursday, June 4, 2009

Firsts

Last Friday was a night of several firsts for my big boys. There was a school dance. It was Cory's first dance with a "date." He asked his newest girlfriend to go. It was Ty's first as fifth graders are only allowed to go to the last one of the year AND his first with a girl.

The third and final first of the night also belongs to Ty and isn't such a sweet or happy milestone. Yep, that's right! My baby got in a fight OVER A GIRL! He and the other boy didn't get caught so it must have been quick and relatively minor, but I'm still less than proud. I'm telling you...it's the monastary for that boy! Apparently what happened is that his girlfriend was too nervous to dance so he danced with another girl and THAT girl's boyfriend was a little upset by that. Hmmm, ya think?

Wondering how I found out since they didn't get caught and in trouble? That's the joy of small town living. Some girl Ty's age lives near my mom and dad and chats them up when they walk their dog. She must know they're Ty's grandparents and told my dad. My dad told my sister and she told me. Nice, huh?

4 comments:

Away2me (Deanna) said...

So did you ask him about his fight? He must have been shocked that you found out about it. LOL!

Renee said...

Gotta love TELEPHONE! Lol. Glad he is ok....and yeah, check into the monastaries....we'll all need their number on speed dial!

Becky said...

D~Ya I asked him. He was honest, although I knew too much for him not to be. I actually hadn't heard WHO the other boy was but I guessed (and was right, too!) Boy was he shocked!

R~I'm all over it lol. I told him....seminary school then monastary. hehehe

Hobo's Books said...

do I have to teach him how to box?