Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stuffed French Toast

Many of my friends and family are "foodies" and along with that, great cooks. It's been a saying in my family for as long as I can remember that "Some people eat to live, we live to eat!" So as you can imagine we exchange recipes and ideas a lot. I especially enjoy doing this with my friends Renee, Camille, and Kathy. Well, I'm a good cook but still a relative newbie as I didn't cook much until I had the boys. That means they do most of the sharing of recipes lol. Anyway, for lunch today I made a stuffed french toast that Renee told me how to make. Well, it's not so much a recipe if you already know how to make french toast as it is an idea to take it to the next level. It's actually quite easy but we all thought it was to die for!

First, make your basic egg mixture to dip the toast in. (Eggs, milk/cream, and I add in some vanilla and cinnamon.)

Take two slices of whatever bread you're using and spread cream cheese on one slice and jam on the other. Renee suggested raspberry, which I LOVE, but I used strawberry due to some pickiness here hehehe. Anyway, put the slices of bread together like you were making a sandwich.

Dip the "sandwich" in the egg mixture and heat in a pan on the stove like you would regular french toast. It all melts together and sticks in one piece like a grilled cheese. Top with syrup or powdered sugar if desired.

It was SOOOOO good and so easy. If you make this, enjoy! And thanks Renee!

2 comments:

Patti said...

That sounds fabulous! :) Thanks for sharing. It's a must try! Pep

Renee said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! SO glad you all liked it!