Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crazy Day

I didn't get called in to work today so I thought I'd get some stuff done around the house and maybe relax a bit. Yeah...not so much.

I got out the vacuum to do the floors downstairs quick and it starts to smoke and I smelled rubber burning. Just the belt, an easy fix but still, kwim? Just as I was walking out the door to go get a new one my friend Nancy stopped by. She wanted to come along so we ran to a few stores in the process. Fun but certainly not the plan for the day.

By the time I got back and did a little bit of cleaning/straightening up I had decided to leave again to do a few more errands (this time on my own.) Just as I was leaving the phone rang. It was my sister. A bit of back history...she has a foster dd, B. They live about 30 mins away but B's school is about 15 mins away. B had a half day today and was supposed to go to the after school program since Val and her dh were working. I was going to pick her up there and watch her til Val could pick her up about 6:30. The phone call? Val in a panic after finding out nearly an hour AFTER school release that the school had messed up and sent her to the empty house! Luckily B called her friend and told her friend's mom, who called the school, who called Val, who called me. Did you follow all that? LOL. I couldn't get there and back before I had to get Logan so I picked him up early and headed there as quickly as I could.

Meanwhile, I thought all of my children would be accounted for lol. Ty was hanging out at the neighbor's after school anyway, Cory had Math tutoring til 5:30, and Jay had homework club til 3:30 and then on Thursdays my friend Sharon from school brings him home just for the fun of it. Guess what? SHE FORGOT HIM! LOL. No problem though. The school called her and she went back for him and took him out to eat to make it up to him. Which led to a change in dinner plans. We all ended grabbing Mc'D's then, after running B to and picking her up from her ballet class lol.

We finally get homework done, including a homemade necklace for Logan's class project. He puts it away (or so I thought) and settles to watch a movie. B and Jay had made necklaces as well so I didn't think anything of it at first when Jay asked "Who's is this?" about one that had almost nothing on it. Turns out it was Logan's. He'd put it in his backpack but didn't zip it. The dog got it and ate the noodles and cheerios off it so at 7 at night Logan was making another necklace.

And at bath time? Jay took a shower and ended up having soapy water on the floor, ceiling, walls, and door of the entire bathroom. It took us 10 mins working together to clean it up.

Oh well. It's over now, right? LOL.

No comments: