Monday, November 9, 2009

God is In the LIttle Things

I've always had a pretty strong faith in God. I've seen Him act in some mighty big moments in my life (perhaps one or two of those is another blog post?). Today I saw him in the little things as the day unfolded. It was wonderful, though I can't really put into words why it meant so much to me.

To begin the day I had to get Ty to a dentist appointment 30 mins away. The morning went smoothly, including no major behaviors from Jay. We got the others to school and were on our way on time and good to go.

Yesterday I had realized, though, that Logan had a counseling appointment 15 mins away at a time near enough to Ty's dentist appointment that I didn't think we'd make it. I couldn't even cancel it because they're not open on weekends or before we had to be on the road today. I chose to let it go and try to make it. We got out of the dentist and back into town in time for me to drop Ty off at his school and go get Logan at his. The session went well according to the therapist.

After returning Logan to school I got back home just in time to get a call from my cousin asking if I wanted to meet for lunch. Fun! It was great.

After lunch I ran a few errands and got everything I had to do done. This included finding something I've been looking for/wanting for quite some time. What? Earbuds for my iPod. A little thing I know but I really enjoy my music and audiobooks. I've been looking all over town and I hadn't found what I wanted. They were either too expensive or weren't the kind I wanted. Today? I felt lead to check the Dollar General. I didn't think they'd have what I wanted but I stopped to look. Sure enough they had the kind I wanted for $4!!!! I'm sooo happy. Jay wants that kind as well and loves pink and there was even a pink pair for me to get for him for Christmas!

See? A bunch of little things working together to make a busy day that much smoother and happier!

No comments: