Saturday, November 21, 2009

What This Mama Needs...

When I need to rest, relax, and rejuvenate there are certain things that I can do that almost never fail to "hit the spot." So what kind of things do I like to do to take care of me?

Reading is a big one for me. It's me time and I can "get away" to someone else's life.

I love to hit the hot tub. I don't think I need to say more about this one.

Eating good food may not always be healthy for the body but it sure is good for the soul.

Just being able to be alone in my house to think and enjoy the house (especially if it's clean lol).

Pacing and talking/planning/praying/thinking out loud might seem a little crazy but it helps me focus if I hear it out loud. Just don't call the men in white on me, ok? Promise?

Listening to music or audiobooks on my iPod. I love a HUGE variety of music. Music helps me feel and process what I'm feeling. If I'm stressed it can calm me. If I'm tired it can energize me. If I'm sad and need to cry sometimes I need it to help me actually cry and get it out. It starts out being about the song and then flows into working out whatever I'm sad about.

Doing something fun by myself like going for a cup of coffee or to a movie alone.

Doing something fun with my boys.

Doing something fun with my sister, cousin, or friend.

Of course this isn't an exhaustive list but it hits my major go tos that I use. I'm sure most are quite commonly used. I'd love to hear what you all do for R and R when you need it. Feel free to comment!

No comments: