Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nemesis Conquered

For anyone who knows me it's no surprize that I like to cook. And ya, I'm pretty good. I'm not nearly as good as several women in my family and a couple of my foodie friends but, in general, I'm proud of my cooking. I have, though, never mastered the simple meatloaf. Most of the time it tastes good but crumbles into bits. It's been dry a time or two. I could just never get it right. Until last night. Holy wow. The taste? Spot on. It was moist. IT DIDN'T FALL APART!!! And oh my word the gravy. The best I ever made. I sat and ate it by itself by the spoonful. EVERYONE liked it. Mission finally accomplished. I have defeated the mighty meatloaf!!!!!

PS: I didn't measure so I can't give a recipe per se. I can say I put ketchup, oregano, an egg, bread crumbs, oatmeal, and parmesan cheese in it. I'm too much like my mom and I never measure unless I'm baking. I'll probably never be able to do it again! LOL.

No comments: