Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day has always meant a lot to me. There are a lot of people on both sides of my family, including my parents, who were in the military. That also includes my cousin Cory currently serving in Afghanistan. I've had several friends in the military. But this year? Some things have made it even more meaningful to me. I was shocked and so sad to learn that my friend Patty's son was killed in action after being deployed for only a couple of weeks. My friend Gina's son was killed in a car accident. He was too young yet to serve but was planning on it and was involved where he could be. The third and final thing is that Cory (my son, not my cousin) has expressed interest in serving when he graduates and since he's in 9th grade, we've been exploring opportunities for him in that area. All of this just brings it closer to home than ever.

So let me just say this: If you have served, are serving, or are going to serve, please know that you have my everlasting gratitude and respect!

No comments: