Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Growing Up

Today's prompt: What is the moment you leave childhood and enter adulthood?

I think this is a hard question because obviously we mature in steps, not in the course of one moment or event. The ways in which we react to these events are what prove if we are children or adults. Even if you WERE going to narrow it down to a single moment, how would you do that? Not everyone experiences the same events at the same time in their lives. Duh. A sixteen year old girl whose parents have died might become an adult in the course of dealing with that event. Does that mean that someone who is 40 and whose parents are still living is NOT an adult? Of course not. And what about graduating, getting married, having children? See the difficulty there?

Finally...I'd just like to say that I am a 40 year old mom to 4 kids and there are days I'm not sure I'm an adult yet! I still have my share of "Holy crow! I'm the mom!" moments lol.

No comments: