Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Music

Today's prompt is to write about a song (the prompt called it a piece of music)that changed your life. It mentions writng about how it makes you feel now.

I've certainly had life changing moments. There have been people who've changed my life. I've read books that changed my life. But a song? Don't get me wrong. I LOVE music. It's just that I guess I've always thought of it as a way of expressing or emphasizing the way I was feeling at any given moment. So while I wouldn't say a song has changed my life, there are songs I associate with the things I've lived through. Perhaps my favorite is "Angel Lullaby" by Richard Marx. It touched my heart from the first time I heard it because it said so perfectly how I felt about being a parent. I loved it so much I used it in a montage of the boys. (Please note: I've posted this before but I thought I'd put it here again since I'm talking about it.) I've watched that video so many times I can see it perfectly in my mind just listening to the song. Whether I watch the video or just hear the song now, it always makes me cry, especially the lines "I'll never catch all those memories I'm chasing, never be ready to let go."

"Angel's Lullaby" lyrics:
I was never alive
til the day I was blessed by you
When I hold you late at night
I know what I was put here to do

I turn off the world
and listen to you sigh
and I will sing my angel's lullaby

The one forever near
The one you call always call
Right now all you know to fear
are the shadows on your wall

And I'm here close enough
to kiss the tears you cry
And I will sing my angel's lullaby

So tell me how to stop the years from racing?
Is there a secret someone knows?
I'll never catch all those memories I'm chasing
Never be ready to let go

And when the world seems cold
You feel all of your strength is gone
There may be one tiny voice
Your reason to carry on

And when I'm not close enough
to kiss the tears you cry
You will sing your angel's lullaby
Let this be our angel's lullaby

1 comment:

Kathy's Korner said...

OK Becky, that one just leaves goosebumps all over!