Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Favorite Place

Today's NaNoBloMo prompt is:

Describe a favorite place, Focus on how that place afects your sense of taste, touch, sight, sound, or smell.

Over the past summer, I realized that one of my favorite places was the lake. I took the boys fishing but mostly? I'd just sit and relax. The air is fresh and cooler there. The breeze bears the smell of the water. I can't describe that smell, but anyone who's experienced it knows what I mean. There's something so peaceful about it that even the boys were quieter and got along better there. Well, usually. I think it's the visual beauty surrounding us there combined with the quiet sounds of waves lapping at the shore and birds as they fly overhead. It all comes together to make it a favorite place of mine.


No comments: